3. WHAT WAS THE HARDEST PART ABOUT DECIDING TO BECOME A FULL-TIME PHOTOGRAPHER?
The relatively small income, passion has a higher value than money.
4. WHAT MOTIVATES YOU IN YOUR WORK AND WHAT IS DEMOTIVATING?
Receiving appreciation for my work, publication of a book and in magazines, supporting conservation with my images. Demotivating: small fees for my images.
5. WHAT ARE THE MOST PASSIONATE MOMENTS IN YOUR WORK?
Observing fantastic wildlife, achieving a great shot, publishing images.
6. WHAT ARE THE MAIN CHALLENGES IN YOUR WORK?
Finding a rare species, photographing a shy animal or a seldom situation, getting the best possible light, background and composition.
7. HOW DID YOU DEVELOP YOUR ARTISTRY?
Self-taught, slow and after many years of practice, learning by doing, looking at many pictures of great photographers.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR PERSONAL LEARNING IN PHOTOGRAPHY THAT YOU WOULD CONVEY TO A „NOVICE“?
Lot’s of practice, being self-critical, trying to get the perfect shot, learning about wildlife, perseverance, always thinking about light, composition, background, sharpness and depth of field.
9. WHICH ARE THE DRIVING FORCES FOR YOU PERSONALLY AND IN YOUR WORK?
Getting outstanding images, publishing books.
10. WHICH FEELINGS DETERMINE YOUR WORK WHEN OUT IN THE FIELD?
Enthusiastic and eager to find the subject for photography.
11. ON WHICH CRITERIA DO YOU JUDGE YOUR OWN WORK AS SUCCESSFUL?
Good light, composition, background, sharpness and publication.
12. YOUR PHOTOGRAPHIC WORK AND THE BEAUTY OF OUR PLANET, NATURE: WHAT CONNECTION DO YOU SEE?
I am trying to show with my images the beauty of the nature in an artistic way.
13. ASSUMING YOU WOULD HAVE 15 MINUTES ON A TV BROADCAST AND PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD COULD LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WERE SAYING, WHAT WOULD BE THE CORE OF YOUR MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE?
Respect more the nature with all of its wildlife. We are not the crown of creation, we are not above other animals just because of our intelligence, we are just part of it, we are equal. Stop overpopulating the earth, other species also need space to live. Appreciate the wonder of nature.