4. WHAT MOTIVATES YOU IN YOUR WORK AND WHAT IS DEMOTIVATING?
I am motivated by environmental causes where my images can help effect change and inspire conservation. The busy clutter of highly urban environments seems to adversely affect my concentration that is so necessary to create strong images.
5. WHAT ARE THE MOST PASSIONATE MOMENTS IN YOUR WORK?
When the light creates shapes and forms in what many regard as a barren landscape, and the colors drench the subject in magic. Then images become poems….
6. WHAT ARE THE MAIN CHALLENGES IN YOUR WORK?
The main challenge is to avoid preconceived ideas. When someone’s work becomes a formula, it becomes stale. I try to tell myself to listen to land’s message.
7. HOW DID YOU DEVELOP YOUR ARTISTRY?
For fifty years I have had the great fortune to works with or be mentored by the finest images makers, journalists, and editors in the United States.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR PERSONAL LEARNING IN PHOTOGRAPHY THAT YOU WOULD CONVEY TO A „NOVICE“?
Be compassionate, honest, and giving and success will follow.
9. WHICH ARE THE DRIVING FORCES FOR YOU PERSONALLY AND IN YOUR WORK?
Curiosity and a strong belief that informed people can be motivated by images that stir the soul.
10. WHICH FEELINGS DETERMINE YOUR WORK WHEN OUT IN THE FIELD?
My feeling while in the field are determined by I determine is my subject. Sometimes it’s joy and sometimes it’s sorrow. In either case it’s important to let the feeling show in my work.
11. ON WHICH CRITERIA DO YOU JUDGE YOUR OWN WORK AS SUCCESSFUL?
My work is successful when I like it. When the work is published and it motivates and inspires action, then I feel I’ve succeeded.
12. YOUR PHOTOGRAPHIC WORK AND THE BEAUTY OF OUR PLANET, NATURE: WHAT CONNECTION DO YOU SEE?
There’s no doubt I’m motivated by the diverse and incredible beauty that is all around us. To focus on subtle over-looked details allows me to share my vision and celebrate new discoveries of beauty.
13. ASSUMING YOU WOULD HAVE 15 MINUTES ON A TV BROADCAST AND PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD COULD LISTEN AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WERE SAYING, WHAT WOULD BE THE CORE OF YOUR MESSAGE TO THE PEOPLE?
Please see video interview.